What and why we process data
If and when your registration on the Website or use of the Website or Services may be considered (a) a breach of the terms or of the intellectual property rights or any other right of a third party, (b) a threat to the security or integrity of the Services, (c) a threat to the Website or Services or our or our subcontractors’ systems from viruses, Trojan horses, spyware, malware, or any other form of malicious code, or (d) in any way illegal or unlawful, discriminatory or offensive, we may process your data for the benefit of ourselves, our partners or third parties.
Who we share data with
- We do not transfer your personal data in an identifiable manner to third parties if this is not required to provide the Services, without your express consent.
- We may use third party processors to provide you with the Website and/or Services. We ensure that third party processors may only process your personal data on our behalf, and upon written instructions from us. We guarantee that all third party processors are selected with due care to ensure the security and integrity of your personal data.
- We may transfer anonymised and/or aggregated data to other organisations that can use this data to improve products and services and to organise the marketing, presentation and sale of products and services in a tailored way.
Where we process data
- We and our third party processors will only process your identifiable personal data in the EEA.
- We may transfer your anonymised and/or aggregated data to organisations outside the EEA. If such a transfer occurs, we will ensure that appropriate safeguards are in place to guarantee the security and integrity of your personal data, and that all rights in relation to personal data that you may enjoy under applicable mandatory law are guaranteed.
- If there is a transfer of your personal data and/or anonymised and/or aggregated data, the following legal protection mechanism will be implemented.
How we process data
- We will take appropriate technical and organisational measures to keep your personal data secure against unauthorised access or theft and against accidental loss, manipulation or destruction. Access by our staff or staff of our external processors is only possible on a need-to-know basis and is subject to strict confidentiality obligations. You understand, however, that the care for safety and security are only best efforts obligations that can never be guaranteed.
- You have the right to request access to all personal data that we process about you. However, requests for access which are manifestly made with the intention of causing inconvenience or damage to us will not be entertained.
- You have the right to request that any personal data about you that is incorrect or inaccurate be corrected free of charge. If you have registered on our Website, you can correct many of these details yourself via your profile. If such a request is made, you must also include with it evidence that the personal data for which correction is requested is incorrect.
- You have the right to withdraw your previously given consent to the processing of your personal data. You can withdraw your consent at any time by sending an e-mail to email@example.com, or by deleting your profile (if applicable).
- In lieu of deletion, you may also request that we restrict the processing of your personal data if (a) you dispute the accuracy of that data, (b) the processing is unlawful or (c) the data is no longer necessary for the stated purposes, but you need it to defend yourself in legal proceedings.
- You have the right to oppose the processing of personal data if you can demonstrate that there are serious and legitimate reasons relating to special circumstances that justify such an opposition. However, if the intended processing is classified as direct marketing, you have the right to object to such processing free of charge and without justification.
- If your personal data is processed on the basis of consent or on the basis of a contract and the processing is carried out by automated means, you have the right to receive the personal data you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and, if technically possible, you have the right to transfer this data directly to another service provider. The technical feasibility of this is exclusively assessed by us.
- If you wish to make a request to exercise one or more of the above rights, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. This request must clearly state which right you wish to exercise and why. It must also be dated and signed, and be accompanied by a digitally scanned copy of your valid identity card proving your identity. We will immediately inform you of the receipt of such a request. If the request proves to be justified, we will comply with it as soon as reasonably possible and no later than thirty (30) days after receipt of the request.
- If you have a complaint about the processing of your personal data by us, you can always contact us at the e-mail address email@example.com. If you are not satisfied with our response, you are free to file a complaint with the competent data protection authority, the Belgian Privacy Commission. For more information, please visit http://www.privacycommission.be.